Yes, everyone’s (not so) favourite topic, Boundaries!
Setting boundaries can definitely feel uncomfortable for many of us, especially for people-pleasers such as myself, but it doesn’t have to be.
In today’s episode I talk about why boundaries are so important for our relationships, for ourselves and also for others. I get down into the details of exactly how to create them and word by word sentences you can use to communicate them whilst coming from a loving and kind space.
In this episode, I break down:
- Exactly what a boundary is and why we need them
- Specific advice for people pleasers, why we find boundary setting so difficult and how to overcome it
- How to create effective boundaries
- How to communicate boundaries clearly, and the mistakes we often make
- What to do when someone breaks a boundary; setting consequences and following through
- 5 Main ‘Soul Rights’ to keep in mind when creating boundaries
I’ll say it again, Boundaries are a form of self-love, an act of self-care and honoring your worth.
You may be surprised just how empowering it feels the more you practice and set boundaries in your life. It can very quickly shift from a feeling of discomfort to feeling amazing! I encourage you, with love, to give it a try.
Keep Up With Me
Help me to share the message of Embracing Human by liking this episode, sharing it with your friends, following the podcast, and giving a review. It means the world to me!
Do you have a human experience story? Submit your stories to [email protected] and I’ll share them at the end of our upcoming episodes.