Healing with Essential Oils – Interview with Stacey Sexton
It seems like everyone is chatting about essential oils nowadays, right? While it seems to be the "cool thing" right now, essential oils aren't going away any time soon. Today's guest, Stacey Sexton, found ways to use essential oils for healing in her own life, especially as a new mother.
Back in October 2018, I met this stunning, pink haired goddess at Spirit Junkie Masterclass with Gabby Bernstein. She has a badass, get-things-done energy about her, but with the maternal grace that I crave in my lady friends. Throughout the week, we were pulled together by Gabby's teachings and the joy of coming together in support of other women.
“Wow, this woman (Gabby) really speaks my language. I could connect with her so easily and I craved more of her teaching style… I love her everyday woman spirit.”- Stacey Sexton
We both used the teachings of Gabby and other spiritual leaders to find self healing and create our own beliefs. Stacey also found a lot of healing after having her first child by leaving the advertising world and diving into self care. One of the tools she used to heal were essential oils.
She also quickly realized that as much as she loves being a mom of two toddlers, she had to get really crystal clear on what she wanted to do with her days. Being a stay-at-home mom just wasn't in the cards for her. She was eager to share her own healing methods with others - through not only oils, but through sound healing, reiki, and her personal practice.
“I’ve realized over the years that I’m not a stay-at-home gal; I thought I would be when I felt like a slug working in corporate America, but it turns out, I’m just someone who really comes alive working for myself. Energy Worker. Teacher. Student. Essential Oil Badass. Mama. Those hats don’t feel very different to me (honestly), but I’ll wear each one oh-so-happily.”- @halfhealthymom Stacey Sexton
In this interview, we dive into:
- Gabby Bernstein’s Spirit Junkie Class – her teachings and the change it made in Stacey’s life
- The "balance" of motherhood, business woman, and ignoring all the "supposed to's" in life
- Honoring the physical body and it's experiences
- Essential oils - they aren't just a fad, they're amazing for self healing
- Healing practices - reiki, sound healing, and sexual healing
Interview with Stacey Sexton:
Enjoy the raw video today 🙂 I had some fun technical issues with this one.
Pay attention to her story of self healing and the challenges along the way.
More about Essential Oils
If you can only get a few essential oils to get started, these are Stacey's top picks:
- Lavender – One of the most multi-faceted oils, she calls it the “swiss army knife.” It is calming, relaxing, and great for healing the skin.
- Peppermint – It’s Stacey go-to for energy every day.
- Frankincense – She says it is vital and called “the king of oils.” It’s great for cell support and is anti-inflammatory.
- Tea Tree – Another “swiss army oil.” It’s gentle but anti-septic, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, and great for cleaning.
Stacey also shares the three ways you can use essential oils in your life:
- Aromatically – Least intimidating. You can put a drop in your hands, rub them together, cup them over your nose, and inhale to self-diffuse. This is the best for anti-anxiety and calming oils. You can also use diffusers throughout the house.
- Topically – Depending on the oil, you want to dilute it with a carrier oil, such as coconut or jojoba oil, because the oils are potent. You can use it for immune and hormone support. She suggests putting the oils on your hearts center and I love using them on my face.
- Internally – Please note: only some oils can be ingested and all dōTERRA oils will note that on the bottle.
Moms, boss babes, any one looking to heal naturally - keep up with all the amazing stuff Stacey is up to. Her Instagram is one of my absolute favorites to follow because she is always sharing the best wisdom and inspiration.
I am so blessed to have met Stacey and I hope you feel inspired by her story today.
I would love to know, what inspired you? Comment below!