My detox, solo month has begun and I am enjoying more simplicity in my cooking this month. I am trying to focus more on the nutrition and less on how elaborate I can make each meal. As a vegetarian, finding easy ways to eat plenty of protein is important to me. Therefore, I eat a lot of quinoa. This Quinoa Salad is not only simple, but it’s actually delicious!
“My two rules of cooking: keep it fresh and keep it simple.” – Michael Isabella
Quinoa. Veggies. Flavor. That’s it!
Of course, this recipe is one that can be mixed and matched with a million different ingredients and spices. My dear friend Joe likes a Mediterranean style with olive and feta added in. I sometimes use fresh herbs, such as parsley or basil.
Keeping it short and sweet today. Let’s jump in:
Simple & Delicious Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup of uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, (red, yellow, or orange), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2-1 tbs balsalmic vinegar (or lemon juice)
- To taste: salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper
- Optional – make it more Mediterranean by adding chopped olive and/or feta. I also like to top it with a spoonful of hummus.
- Rinse and cook the quinoa. Allow the quinoa to cool.
- Chop the veggies.
- Mix it all together. Yep, it’s that easy!
I hope you enjoy exploring your cooking creativity, not just with this recipe, but with everyone I share.
Question: What would you change about this recipe? I’m loving all the inspiration. Make sure to comment below and let’s share ideas!
Thanks for letting me continue to share my love of healthy living with you <3